- Ana Margarida Fernandes
- Reform and Regional Integration of Professional Services in East Africa - analyzed the development of markets for accounting, engineering and legal services in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda and how regional integration and cooperation can help.
- Developing Services in Southern Africa - How Regional Integration Can Help? Examined the domestic markets for professional services in SADC countries. Also prepared a chapter for Mozambique's CEM.
- Can Kenya become a global exporter of business services? - In-depth study of exporters of business services in Kenya, including their export strategy, the challenges faced related to the regulation of services, trade policy, infrastructure, and labor mobility.
- Hiau Looi Kee
- Firms’ Performances in the Services Sector - Analysis of the investment climate in Malaysia and firms’ performance.
- Performance of the Services Sector in Penang - Evaluation of firms’ productivity in the business support services sector in Penang, Malaysia.
- Aaditya Mattoo
- Brazil's Services Trade and International Trade Negotiations - Explored how Brazil can use the regional and multilateral negotiations in services to support domestic reform and improve access to foreign markets.
- Services Trade and Development: The Experience of Zambia - Task managed a team to fulfill a request from the Government of Zambia for a comprehensive analysis of its services sectors. Established a framework for collaboration between DECRG, the Trade Department, country economists and Bank staff dealing with specific services sectors.
- Sustaining India’s Services Revolution - Task managed a major trade project in India (fulfilling a mandate from the Ministry of Commerce) to analyze the implications of trade policy reform at home and abroad. Led to the report Domestic Regulation and the Global Movement of Skilled Professionals: A Case Study of Indian Professionals in the United States.
- Assessing Trade Policy in Services in Southern Africa - Implemented a survey of country-level trade policies in telecommunications, finance, transport, retail and professional services, prepared in response to a request from governments in the region, including South Africa's.
- Developing Markets for Professional Services in East Africa - Analyzed the development of markets for professional skills in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda and how regional cooperation can help. Also prepared a chapter for Mozambique's CEM.
Back to the Main Cross-Support Page >>