Former Chief Economist and Senior Vice President: François Bourguignon (2003-2007)
François Bourguignon served as Chief Economist of the World Bank and Senior Vice President, Development Economics from October 6, 2003 to October 22, 2007, (when he succeeded Nicholas Stern).
In October 2007, he retired from the World Bank and became Director of the Paris School of Economics.
His successor is Justin Yifu Lin.
- World Bank Group Long Term Strategic Exercise (LTSE) Paper, "Meeting the Challenges of Global Development, published October 12, 2007.
- Sustaining and Broadening Progress towards the MDGs, Development Committee Meeting, April 15, 2007. Presentation| Speech
- Aid Can Work, Finance and Development, Vol 44, No. 1, March 2007.
- Statementregarding Draft Paper on Agricultural Special Products, Jan. 24, 2007.
- New paper on development effectiveness, presented at the American Economic Association's Jan. 5-7 Annual Meeting, Chicago. Longer version coming soon. Abstract and PDF
- Global redistribution of income(with Victoria Levin and David Rosenblatt), World Bank Policy Research Working Papers series 3961.