The following datasets were compiled for World Bank research. They are provided free of cost to foster the creation of new knowledge. If you use one of these datasets, please include appropriate attribution to the Development Research Group, World Bank, and the link http://econ.worldbank.org/research.
- Global Financial Development Database (2015)
- Global Findex Database (2014)
How people in 148 economies--including the poor, women, and rural residents--save, borrow, make payments, and manage risk.
- Deposit Insurance Around the World (2013)
- Sri Lankan Microenterprise Survey (June 2012)
- Bank Regulation and Supervision Database (2012)
This database includes the first comprehensive, cross-country survey of how banks are regulated and supervised, including requirements and regulatory powers regarding bank entry, ownership, capital, powers and activities, auditing, organization, liquidity, provisioning, accounting and disclosure, incentives for supervisors, deposit insurance, and disciplining powers including bank exit. Data are available for selected years.
- Entrepreneurship Database (2015)
- Financial Development and Structure (2013)
- Survey of Financial Knowledge of Pacific People in New Zealand (June 2012)
- Access to Financial Services (2007)
- Indicators of access to and use of banking services across countries (2007)
Contains new indicators of access to and use of banking services across 99 countries, constructed from aggregate data provided by bank regulators.
- Bank Concentration and Crisis (2003)
- Episodes of Systemic and Borderline Financial Crises (2003)
- Small and Medium Enterprises: Overcoming Growth Constraints (2003)
Presents indicators of the size of the SME sector across 76 countries.
- Financial Development and Dynamic Investment Behavior - Panel VAR (vector autoregression) (2002)
- Public Credit Registries Survey Dataset (2000)