The Primary Data Investigator, the Other Investigators, and the Representative of the Receiving Organization agree to comply with the following:
- The data will only be processed for the stated statistical purpose. They will be used solely for reporting of aggregated information and not for investigation of specific individuals or organizations. Data will not in any way be used for any administrative, proprietary or law enforcement purposes.
- The Primary Data Investigator undertakes that no attempt will be made to identify any individual person, family, business, enterprise or organization. If such a unique disclosure is made inadvertently, no use will be made of the identity of any person or establishment discovered and full details will be reported to the NBS. The identification will not be revealed to any other person not included in the Data Access Agreement.
- Any books, articles, conference papers, thesis, dissertations, reports, or other publications that employ data obtained from the National Data Archive will cite the source of data in accordance with the citation requirement provided with the dataset.
- An electronic copy of all reports and publications based on the requested data will be sent to the NBS.
- The original collector of the data, the NBS, and the relevant funding agencies bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.
- Any changes to the project specification, security arrangements, personnel or organization detailed in this application form, shall be made upon approval by NBS. Where there is a change to the employer organization of the Primary Data Investigator this will involve a fresh application being made and termination of the original project.
- Failure to comply with the NBS directives will amount to a breach of the agreement and will result into legal proceedings.
In this agreement:
- "Primary/Principle Data Investigator" refers to the investigator who serves as the main point of contact for all communications involving this agreement. The Primary Data Investigator assumes all responsibility for compliance with all terms of this Data Access Agreement by employees of the receiving organization.