2015 Research Academy
The Research Department and the Office of the Chief Economist of the Global Practices invite you to submit papers to the Winter 2015 Research Academy on topics relevant to one of the following Global Practices:
- Macroeconomics and Fiscal Management
- Finance and Markets
- Trade and Competitiveness
Deadline: March 4, 2015
Submit your paper to: ResearchAcademy@worldbank.org
What criteria does the Research Academy use to select winning papers?
Papers submitted to the Research Academy should make a significant contribution to our understanding of the policy questions faced by the Poverty, Macroeconomics and Fiscal Management, Finance and Markets, and/or Trade and Competitiveness Global Practices. In addition, all papers should meet the following criteria:
- The paper has highly relevant policy conclusions for World Bank Group clients;
- The paper is a self-contained analysis (i.e., 30-70 pages in length) that makes a significant contribution to our understanding of development;
- The paper may have a country or regional focus, but the conclusions should be of broad interest;
- The paper should have been published as a working paper or similar during the last 12 months.
Who can submit to the Research Academy?
Staff and consultants from across the World Bank Group are welcome to submit their work to the Academy. Submissions by joint operational-research department teams are welcome, but at least one of the co-authors should be from outside of the research department.
The Research Director and Global Practices Chief Economist convene a committee of rotating experts selected from across the World Bank Group based on the topic of submissions. The papers are reviewed in two rounds based on the following criteria: (1) technical quality; (2) originality; and (3) operational relevance.
In the first round, each paper is rated by two members of the committee, and the papers with the highest average rating proceed to the second round. In the second round, each paper is rated by all members of the committee, and the winners are selected.
For More Information: Ryan Hahn at email@example.com.