Das, Do et al. (2009): "US and Them: The Geography of Academic Research"
World Bank Policy Research Working Paper Number 5152, Washington DC: December 2009.
This database covers over 76,000 empirical economic papers published between 1985 and 2004 in the top 202 economics journals, and was used to study a number of relationships between GDP and research output, countries covered in these articles, and publication rates.
- ArticleNumber: unique article identifier [Original EconLit]
- JournalName : publication outlet [Original EconLit]
- IssueDate: issue date [Original EconLit]
- ArticleYear: year of publication: computed by the authors from field "IssueDate"
- GeographicDescriptor: geographic descriptor [Original EconLit]
- CountryName: country of focus of the paper, computed by the authors from field "GeographicDescriptor"
- CountryWB: country WB code, matched based on "CountryName"
- CountryIFS: country IFS code, matched based on "CountryName"
- AuthorAffiliation: Affiliation of authors [Original EconLit]
- SubjectClassification: JEL code [Original EconLit]
- ArticleType: type of the article (cross-country, theory, single-country) computed from field "GeographicDescriptor"
- The field "CountryName" might be subject to coding errors, and will be updated regularly
Please inform us if you identify coding errors.
- The field "AuthorAffiliation" is currently being processed to uniquely identify reported affiliations. Please check subsequent versions of the data release for updates.
The file below is a STATA v10 file, updated December 10, 2009