|The Worldwide Governance Indicators Project|
Please visit www.govindicators.org for more information on the Worldwide Governance Indicators project, as well as web-based data access
- The Worldwide Governance Indicators Project: Answering the Critics, with D. Kaufmann and M. Mastruzzi, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 4149. 2007.
"Governance Matters", with D. Kaufmann and P. Zoido-Lobatón, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 2196. 1999.
This project has prompted various critiques that are addressed here
|Institutions and Governance|
- Does Respondent Retcence Affect the Result of Corruption Surveys? Evidence from the World Bank Enterprise Survey for Nigeria, with B.Clausen and P. Murrell, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 5415. 2010.
- Can disaggregated indicators identify governance reform priorities?, with N. Tawara, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 5254. 2010.
- Corruption and Confidence in Public Institutions : Evidence from a Global Survey, with B. Clausen and Z. Nyiri, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 5157. 2009.
- Governance Indicators: Where Are We, And Where Should We Be Going? with D. Kaufmann, World Bank Research Observer. 2008.
- Growth without Governance, with D. Kaufmann, Economia. 2002.
|Growth, Inequality, and Poverty|
- Government Spending Multipliers in Developing Countries: Evidence from Lending by Offical Creditors, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 6099, 2012.
- How Large is the Government Spending Multiplier? Evidence from World Bank Lending, Quarterly Jounal of Economics, 2012.
- Does IDA Engage in Defensive Lending?, with Carolin Geginat, Review of Economics and Institutions, 2012.
- Good Countries or Good Projects? Macro and Micro Correlates of World Bank Project Performance, with C. Denizer and D. Kaufmann, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 5646. 2011.
- Who Gets Debt Relief?, with N. Chauvin, Journal of the European Economic Association, Vol. 5:2-3, pp.333-342. 2007.
Aid, Growth, and Poverty, in The Macroeconomic Management of Foreign Aid, P. Isard et. al. (eds.), Washington: International Monetary Fund. 2006.
| International Capital Flows|Country Portfolios, with N. Loayza, L. Servén and J. Ventura, Journal of the European Economic Association, Vol. 3(4):914-945. June 2005.