D. de Walque - Other Publications
- "Socioeconomic determinants of stigmatization and HIV testing in Lesotho." with L. Cornoa, AIDS Care 25(1): 108-113. 2013.
- "Trends and Socioeconomic Gradients in Adult Mortality around the Developing World." with D. Filmer, Population and Development Review 39(1): 1-29. 2013.
- "The Socioeconomic Distribution of Adult Mortality during Conflicts in Africa." with D. Filmer, Peace Economics, Peace Science and Public Policy 18(3): 1-9. 2012.
- "Tanzanian Couples’ Perspectives on Gender Equity, Relationship Power, and Intimate Partner Violence: Findings from the RESPECT Study." with S. Krishnan, et al., AIDS Research and Treatment. 2012.
- "Educational and Child Labour Impacts of Two Food for Education Schemes: Evidence from a Randomized Trial in Rural Burkina Faso." with H. Kazianga, et al., Journal of African Economies 21(5): 723–760. 2012.
- "Antiretroviral Therapy Perceived Efficacy and Risky Sexual Behaviors: Evidence from Mozambique." with H. Kazianga and M. Over., Economic Development and Cultural Change 61(1): 97-126. 2012.
- "Child Ability and Household Human Capital Investment Decisions in Burkina Faso." with R. Akresh, et al., Economic Development and Cultural Change 61(1): 157-186.
- "Evolving Strategies, Opportunistic Implementation: HIV Risk Reduction in Tanzania in the Context of an Incentive-Based HIV Prevention Intervention." with L. Packel, et al., PLOS One, 7(8), 1-10. 2012.
- "Mines, Migration and HIV/AIDS in Southern Africa." with L. Corno, Journal of African Economies 21(3): 465-498. 2012.
- "The Association Between Remarriage and HIV Infection in 13 Sub-Saharan African Countries." with R.Kline, Studies in Family Planning 43(1): 1-10. 2012.
- "Incentivising safe sex: a randomised trial of conditional cash transfers for HIV and sexually transmitted infection prevention in rural Tanzania." with W. H. Dow, et al., BMJ(British Medical Journal) 2(1): 1-10. 2012.
- "Variations in Condom Use by Type of Partner in 13 Sub-Saharan African Countries." with R. Kline, Studies in Family Planning 42(1). 2011.
- "Mobile phone technologies improve adherence to antiretroviral treatment in a resource-limited setting: a randomized controlled trial of text message reminders." with C. Pop-Elechesa, H. Thirumurthy, et al. Aids 25(00): 1-10, 2011.
- "HIV status in discordant couples in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis." with Eyawo, O.,et al., Lancet Infectious Diseases 10(11): 770-777. 2010.
- "Education, Information and Smoking Decisions. Evidence from Smoking Histories, 1940-2000. " Journal of Human Resources 45(3): 682-717, 2010.
- "The Demographic and Socio-Economic Distribution of Excess Mortality during the 1994 Genocide in Rwanda. " with P. Verwimp, Journal of African Economies 19(2): 141-162, 2010.
- "Parental Education and Children’s Schooling Outcomes: Evidence from Recomposed Families in Rwanda. " Economic Development and Cultural Change 57(4): 723-746, 2009.
- "Does Education Affect HIV Status? Evidence from five African Countries. " World Bank Economic Review 23(2): 209-233, 2009.
- "Do unsafe tetanus toxoid injections play a significant role in the transmission of HIV/AIDS? Evidence from seven African countries. " Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) 84(2): 122-125, 2008.
- "Book Review :The Demography of Armed Conflict. 2006. Edited by Helge Brunborg, Ewa Tabeau and Henrik Urdal. " Population Studies: A Journal of Demography 62(1): 121-129, 2008.
- “Does education affect smoking behaviors? Evidence using the Vietnam draft as an instrument for college education,” Journal of Health Economics 26: 877–95, 2007.
- “How Does the Impact of an HIV/AIDS Information Campaign Vary with Educational Attainment? Evidence from Rural Uganda,” Journal of Development Economics 84: 686-714, 2007.
- “Sero-Discordant Couples in Five African Countries: Implications for Prevention Strategies,” Population and Development Review 33(3): 501-23, 2007.
- "The socio-demographic legacy of the Khmer Rouge period in Cambodia," Population Studies 60(2): 223-231, 2006.
- Changing Association between Schooling Levels and HIV-1Infection Over 11 Years in a Rural Population Cohort in South-West Uganda , with J. S. Nakiyingi-Miiro, J. Busingye, and J. A. Whitworth,Tropical Medicine and International Health 10 (20, October): 993-1001, 2005.
- Selective Mortality During the Khmar Rouge Period in Cambodia , Population and Development Review 31(2, June): 351-368, 2005.
This is an electronic version of an articles published in Population and Development Review. Complete citation information for the final version of the paper, as published in the print edition of Population and Development Review,is available on the Blackwell Synergy online delivery service, accessible via the journal's website at http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/pdror http://www.blackwell-synergy.com
Chapters in Books
- "Conflicts, Epidemics, and Orphanhood: The Impact of Extreme Events on the Health and Educational Achievements of Children." in No Small Matter: The Impact of Poverty, Shocks, and Human Capital Investments in Early Childhood Development. H. Alderman (ed). Washington, D.C, World Bank: 85-109. 2011.
- "The relationship between HIV infection and Education: an analysis of six Sub-Saharan African countries. " with R. Kline, in The Socioeconomic Dimensions of HIV/AIDS in Africa: Challenges, Opportunities, and Misconceptions, D. Sahn (ed.), Cornell University Press,100-133, 2010.
- "Demographic and Socioeconomic Patterns of HIV/AIDS Prevalence in Africa. " with K. Beegle in The Changing HIV/AIDS Landscape. E. Lule, R. Seifman, and A. David (eds.), Washington; D.C.: World Bank, 2009.