S. Dasgupta - Other Publications
- “Disclosure of Environmental Violations and Stock Market in the Republic of Korea”, with J. Hong, B. Laplante and N. Mamingi., Ecological Economics. Forthcoming.
- “Accounting for Toxicity Risk in Pollution Control: Does it Matter?”, with B. Laplante and C. Meisner, Journal of Environmental Management. Forthcoming.
- “Policy Reform, Economic Growth and the Digital Divide”, with S. Lall and D. Wheeler, Oxford Development Studies, Vol 33, No. 2, 229-243.
- “Where is the Poverty-Environment Nexus? Evidence from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam”, with U. Deichmann, C. Meisner and D. Wheeler, in World Development, Vol 33, No. 4, 617-38.
- “Environment During Growth – Accounting for Governance and Vulnerability”, with K. Hamilton, K. Pandey, and D. Wheeler, in Environment Matters at The World Bank, Annual Review, 19-21. 2004.
- “Incomplete Enforcement of pollution Regulation: Bargaining Power of Chinese factories”, with B. Laplante, N. Mamingi and H. Wang, Environmental and Resource Economics, Vol 24, No. 3, 245-62.
- “Plant Size, Industrial Air Pollution and Local Incomes: Evidence from Mexico and Brazil”, with R. Lucas and D. Wheeler, Environment and Development Economics, Vol 7, No. 2, 365-81.
- “Agricultural Trade, Development and Toxic risk”, with C. Meisner, D. Wheeler and J. Yanhong, World Development, Vol , 30, No.8, 1401-12.
- “Confronting the Environment Kuznets Curve”, with B. Laplante, H. Wang and D. Wheeler, Journal of Economic Perspective, Vol 16, No. 1, 147-68.
- “Minute Particles, Major Problems: Cleaning the Air in Developing Countries”, with K. Bolt, K. Pandey and D. Wheeler, Forum For Applied Research and Public Policy, Vol. 16, No. 3, 14-20. 2001.
- “Pollution and Capital Markets in Developing Countries”, with B. Laplante and N. Mamingi, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Vol 42, No. 3, 310-35.
- “Pesticide Use in Brazil in the Era of Agro-industrialization and Globalization”, with C. Meisner and N. Mamingi., Environment and Development Economics, vol 6, No. 4, 459-82.
- “Environmental Regulation and Development: A Cross-Country Empirical Analysis”, with D. Wheeler, S. Roy and A. Mody, Oxford Development Studies, vol 29, No. 2, 173-87. 2001.
- “Industrial Environmental Performance in China: The Impact of Inspections”, with B. Laplante, N. Mamingi and H. Wang, Ecological Economics, vol 36, No. 3, 487-98. 2001.
- “Water Pollution Abatement by Chinese Industry: Cost Estimates and Policy Implications”, with D. Wheeler, M. Huq and C. Hua Zhang, Applied Economics, vol. 33, No. 4, 547-557.
- “Environmental News in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, and the Philippines”, with B. Laplante and C. Meisner, in Local Environment, vol. 5, No. 3, 351-59. 2000.
- “What Improves Environmental Performance? Evidence from Mexico”, with H. Hettige and D. Wheeler, in Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, vol. 38, No.3, 39-66. 1999.
- “Japanese Multinationals in Asia: Capabilities and Motivations”, with A. Mody and S. Sinha, in Oxford Development Studies, vol. 27, No. 2. 1999.
- “The Cross-Section of Stock Returns: Evidence from the Emerging Markets”, with S. Claessens and J. Glen., in Emerging Markets Quarterly, vol. 2, No. 4, 4-13. 1998.
- “Stock Price Behavior in Emerging Stock Markets”, with S. Claessens and J. Glen, in World Bank Economic Review, vol. 9, No. 1, 131-51. 1995.
- “On The Use of Dispersion Measures from NAPM Surveys in Business Cycle Forecasting”, with K. Lahiri, in Journal of Forecasting, vol. 12, 239-53. 1993.
- “A Comparative Study of Alternative Methods of Quantifying Qualitative Survey Responses using NAPM Data”, with K. Lahiri, in Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, vol. 10, No. 4, 391-400. 1992.
- “An Econometric Analysis of NAPM Buying Prices”, with K. Lahiri, Proceedings of the Business and Economics Statistics Section, American Statistical Association, 350-54. 1990.
Chapters in Books
- “Disclosure Strategies for Pollution Control”, with H. Wang and D. Wheeler, in International Yearbook of Environmental and Resource Economics, T. Tietenberg and H. Folmer (eds.), Vol. X, Edward Elgar: Cheltenham, U.K. Forthcoming
- “Confronting the Environment Kuznets Curve”, with B. Laplante, H. Wang and D. Wheeler, in Economics of the Environment Selected Readings, R. N. Stavins (ed.), W.W. Norton & Company, 399-420. 2005.
- “Can China Grow and Safeguard Its Environment? The Case of Industrial Pollution”, with H. Wang and D. Wheeler, in How Far Across the River?: Chinese Policy Reform at the Millennium, N. Hope, D. Tao Yang, and M. Yang Li (eds.), Stanford University Press, 353-388. 2003.
- “Industrial Pollution and Poverty in Brazil”, with R. Lucas and D. Wheeler, in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and the Environment, R. Hillary (ed.), Green Leaf Publishers, 289-303. 2000.
- “Industry: Incentives to Abate”, with H. Wang and D. Wheeler, in Clear water, Blue Skies: China’s Environment in the 21st Century, The World Bank, 57-71. 1997.
- “A Leading Indicator of Inflation Based on Interest Rates”, with K. Lahiri, in Leading Economic Indicators: New Approaches and Forecasting Records, K. Lahiri and G.H. Moore (eds.), Cambridge University Press, 339-353. 1990.
- "The Poverty/ Environment Nexus: Findings for Lao PDR" with U. Deichmann, C. Meisner and D. Wheeler, Environment Strategy Note # 5, The World Bank. November 2002.
- "Re-thinking World Bank Environmental Investments: Adjustments for Threats and Country Risks" with C. Meisner and D. Wheeler, Environment Strategy Note # 11, The World Bank. November 2004.
- “Indoor Air Quality for Poor Families: New Evidence from Bangladesh”, ESMAP Note. March 2005.